Two most used components on solder flux
Solder paste manufacturer is a homogeneous mass, consisting of two components - solder in the form of powder and flux-binder. In automated production, such a mixture is the most convenient form of application for solder and flux for soldering.
Usually pastes are used in surface mount technology (SMT), but the list of applications is constantly expanding.
SMD and TMP technology
There is also the name SMD or TMP technology, which involves the installation of electronic components on the surface of printed circuit boards.
At the moment, SMD technology is considered the most common method for solder paste manufacturer printed circuit boards with electronic components.
Characteristics of solder paste manufacturers
It is customary to determine the characteristics of the paste by the type of flux, by the fraction of solder particles, as well as by the percentage of the metal component to the rest of the composition.
Solder pastes must meet the following requirements:
- Creation of high quality solder joints
- Can be applied dosed or by screen printing
- Adhesive characteristics sufficient to hold the components to be soldered before soldering
- Resistance to spreading during preparatory heating
- Absence of splashes and solder balls formed from them
- Minimal and easily removable waste after solder paste manufacturer
- Suitable for long-term storage without losing the necessary qualities
How to choose solder paste?
The choice of a suitable solder paste depends primarily on the solder alloy and particle size. The next most important factors are the base of the flux and the technological method of application. The solder base is selected for compatibility with other soldering components.
The technology used must comply with the operating standards for this product, as well as the requirements for the disposal of flux waste.
Solder paste types
Solder pastes are classified by type of flux, solder and temperature.
By the type of solder, three main types of alloys are currently used for the solder paste manufacturer of electronics:
- Lead free
- Designed for use at low temperatures
Features of the composition of the solder paste
Solder paste is a mixture of the following components: solder, flux and other binders. Pastes are necessary for soldering various parts together, and the work itself is very delicate, almost jewelry. They are applied in a thin layer of a predetermined thickness using automated tools.
If you answer the question "what is the solder paste for", then we will analyze the answer to it further. It has advantages and disadvantages.
Three basic requirements for quality test
Any solder paste manufacturer must meet the requirements, on which, in fact, the quality of this product depends:
- No spreading from the place of its application;
- The predominance of adhesive properties;
- Lack of splashing when exposed to a heating source;
- No delamination as well as oxidation;
- Must be able to deform over time;
- No residues after soldering;
- Should not adversely affect the specifications of the board;
- Should lose its properties in solvents (washed off).
Oxidation in solder paste
The solder ability of the paste, which is its main characteristic, depends on the solder particles and on the degree of its oxidation. An important role is played by the amount of oxygen that reacts with the flux and with the base metal.
The standards say that the oxygen content should not exceed 0.6%. In addition, the carbon that remains on the surface of the powder has a negative effect.
Hence, we can conclude that the interaction of powder, carbon and oxygen should be strictly controlled throughout the entire duration of operation, from the very beginning of solder paste manufacturer process itself.
Varieties of soldering pastes
The choice of solder paste depends on the properties of the metal for which it is planned to use it. For example, for the nickel-chromium alloy, pastes are suitable, one of which is either nickel or chromium. Such alloys are hard and the best place to alloy them is in vacuum, argon.
For copper parts, copper-silver pastes are used, and to lower the melting point, they can be alloyed with lead or tin. For parts made of aluminum, "tin-zinc" is common , for silver and gold - a standard paste with a base of silver, to which copper or zinc can be added.
Use of solder in hair dryer
In the event that you need to cover a large area with solder paste manufacturer, you can use a soldering hair dryer, which will prevent the product from twisting and will contribute to uniform heating. If the connection is local, then a soldering iron will help.
Different varieties of solder pastes and flux components
The varieties of solder pastes can be distinguished by their flux components: there are three types of them:
- Rosin - compositions differ in activity: activated compositions, moderately activated and non-activated. The latter are active in the smallest amount. The most common components are those with average activity.
- They disperse well on the surface, wet the elements well, and also clean the surfaces. But since there is one drawback - they can cause corrosion, the work surface must be washed with aqueous solutions or solvents.
- Highly active components are used for oxidized parts and immediately clean the workplace after work in solder paste manufacturer.
Organic water based and non-washable resin and acid
- Water washable - based on organic acids. When using such components, a good seam is obtained, but they must be washed with hot water.
- No - wash - made from natural resins and does not require rinsing. Even if some residual parts are present on the product, it will not cause any harm. These residues will not conduct current, will not oxidize, but if you want, you can wash it off with hot water.
Recommendations for the use of solder pastes
It is very important that the room where the work will be carried out is clean; there should be no accumulation of dirt, debris or other contaminants. In order to provide protection during work, gloves for hands and goggles must be used.
To wash the already applied paste from any element, you must use alcohol-containing compounds or another solvent.
Before the package with solder paste manufacturer is opened, it is necessary to place it in a room with a room temperature of 23-28 degrees; the humidity in the room should be from 30 to 60%. Before opening the package, she must stay in this room for at least two hours.
Artificial methods in soldering agent
In no case should artificial heating methods be used for acceleration. When the package is open and work with the soldering agent has begun, it is advisable not to forget that the paste must be stirred periodically.
Solder paste application is quite simple: some part of the solder paste needs to be applied to the stencil canvas. The pasta is added in small portions as you use it. In the event that the work is nearing completion, and the pasta is not used up, then in no case should it be mixed with a new solder paste manufacturer.
It should be stored in the refrigerator in a specially designated place.
Perhaps due to some unforeseen circumstances, the work should be interrupted for a short time, and the paste has already been applied to the stencil. In this case, it is necessary to place this paste in a container and close it tightly. Cleaning of the stencil cloth we should carry out every 40 minutes.
To speed up drying, you can use a weak heating from the bottom. The melting temperature of the solder paste manufacturer is 40-50 degrees, the activation process starts at 180-300 degrees.